
Todo mundo sabe que a Maria Bethânia é irmã do Caetano. Que dupla, hein? A mãe deles deve ser muito orgulhosa :)
Continuando o assunto Caetano Veloso, hoje escolhi postar outra letra da qual gosto bastante. O nome da música é Maria Bethânia e foi escrita na língua inglesa (como outras - poucas- de Caetano). Acredito que essa música tenha sido escrita durante a ditadura militar, quando Caetano foi exilado (que absurdo) pois contestava o sistema ditatorial em suas canções.
Reparem na criatividade com a qual ele joga as palavras, novamente. Esse cara é muito bom. E a melodia dispensa comentários.
Everybody knows that our cities were built to be destroyed
You get annoyed, you buy a flat, you hide behind the mat
But I know she was born to do everything wrong whith all of that
Maria Bethânia, please send me a letter
I wish to know things are getting better
Better, better, Beta, Beta, Bethânia
Please send me a letter
I wish to know things are getting better
She has given her soul to the devil but the devil gave his soul to God
Before the flood, after the blood, before you can see
She has given her soul to the devil and bought a flat by the sea
Maria Bethânia, please send me a letter
I wish to know things are getting better
Better, better, Beta, Beta, Bethânia
Please send me a letter I wish to know things are getting better
Everybody knows that it’s so hard to dig and get to the root
You eat the fruit, you go ahead, you wake up on your bed
But I love her face ‘cause it has nothing to do with all I said
Um comentário:
Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»
Postar um comentário